As we are nearing Sun’s entry into the sign Aries, or Mesha, we are naturally directed to new beginnings. If you are interested in the mundane aspects of the Sun’s entry into Aries (Mesha Sankranti),
The sign Aries is the first sign and the beginning of the Zodiac comprised of twelve signs. This sounds easy and many would say, this is common knowledge. But do you know how this came to be?
Astronomically, Aries (0° Aries or Mesha) is defined by the fixed star Spica. Spica is also called Chitra yoga tara, and 0
The sign Aries is also the starting sign of the Kalapurusha or time personified, where
That being said, let us name some of the main domains in life that are covered by the 1st house/ascendant or Lagna:
- The ascendant represents the self. In
Sanskritwe refer to it as Sva or one of the self-indicators. The ascendant in any divisional chart represents the native in that area of life (i.e. In the D9 Lagna shows how we think in the matters of marriage and dharma, D7 children and parenting, D10 profession, etc.).
- Physical appearance. The ascendant indicates our physical body and appearance, and when it comes to a specific body part, the ascendant indicates our head as a body part. Note: to get the whole picture one should also examine Navamsha
lagna, Moon´s sign, etc.
- Intelligence and nature. Lagna is one of the self-indicators and is a starting point whilst judging ones nature and way of thinking. We often refer to the Lagna as an operating system when it comes to thinking and intelligence (learn more about different
- Fame and reputation. Lagna is said to be the praiseworthy one, what you are being celebrated for, as well as your reputation, good or bad, depending on the other factors influencing Lagna. Here comes into play the whole concept of Raja yoga (to better understand Raja yogas one should study Maharishi Jaimini Upadesha Sutras, through books or courses).
- First house represents birth and the beginning of life. From the first house we can read circumstances related to the birth, the strength of Lagna and its lord can ensure the good start in life, etc.
I would like to finish this write-up with a peculiar principle. The Lagna lord can indicate how comfortable you will be at your birthplace, and yet yoga’s in the Lagna can take you away from your birthplace. Try it out and let me know what you think in the comment section below the post.
– Om tat sat –[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]