When we talk about addictions, or more specifically substance abuse, we talk about Saturn.
It’s all about Saturn
- The Sign (or a
rashi) is Aquarius!
In the Zodiac, the eleventh sign or the sign Aquarius covers alcohol and all other fermented liquids and poisons. You can read about its creation and other aspects of the same here.
- The Planet responsible for addictions, or substance abuse, is Saturn! All substances that are made to cure any type of pain (painrelief), those of body or those of a mind, are under the umbrella of Saturn.
- Those who are trying to cure the body pains will have some afflictions to their
Vareshaor planet that lords the day that person was born on. This principle is a part of the knowledge of Panchanga where in which Vara becomes responsible for one’s body. Both creation or wellbeing of the body. Hence there is no sound prediction on the topic of health without the study of Varesha.
- On the other hand, many sedatives are meant to sedate the mind. In case of an emotional
painShubhapati is likelyto be afflicted.
A person that has a natural tendency for
- If Saturn is associated with the Moon there is a natural affinity towards alcohol as Moon represents rai or food and water.
- On the other hand, if Saturn associates more strongly to Lagna instead, then there is a natural tendency towards smoking or intake of any kind of substance through inhaling as Lagna shows
When tendency becomes a problem
3. And whilst
- In case Saturn associates only with the Aruda Lagna person can take alcohol on the occasion, at the party, etc.
- In case Saturn associates with the 6th house from Lagna, the person can have some elements of addiction.
- In case Saturn associates with the 6th house from the Aruda Lagna the person can have an addiction, smoking or other.
- In case Saturn associates with both, 6th from AL and AL itself then hard addictions can result.
- In the case when other malefic planet joins in, then addiction goes out of limit and can lead to hardcore addictions. If two or more malefic planets joins Saturn in the 6th from the AL then such an addiction can negatively affect other people as well.
…drowning his sorrows in alcohol is a well-known saying – words of Saturn
Saturn is the planet responsible for addictions. When Saturn associates with Lagna or the Moon it gives tendencies towards addictions. Those may or may not lead to serious or