“And if all this Maya is so beautiful, think of the wondrous beauty of the Reality behind it!”
With great excitement, I wish to share the announcement for the upcoming Parashara Jyotisha Course (PJC Mahadeva). Enrolments for the course are already open, while the course starts on the third Thursday in January 2021.
The Parāśara Jyotiṣa course is to be taught in the tradition of Puri, India, and includes spiritual instructions to develop the mind in order to grasp the entire subject. The student is to develop a keen understanding of Vedic astrology and will master the śloka of Bṛhat Parāśara Horā Śāstra (BPHS). For a course overview, please check the Course page here.
You can find all the information about this course here.
You can see the fee structure, application form, and more here.
Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about this course:
1. This course was taught in full by Pt. Sanjay Rath, and those live teachings were recorded and represent the main body of knowledge of the PJC course. With that, students get mentorship and guidance via live webinars approx. twice a month, as well as access to our chat group for all current/daily questions.
2. Since 2011, this course was taught to a fresh batch of students by Jaimini Scholars of Devaguru Brihaspati Center, leading as mentors. PJC Mahadeva batch mentors are Zeljko Krgovic and me; you can find more information on mentors here.
3. Course syllables for the PJC Year – 1 are listed here.
4. Once a year, we organize a contact class, and for the PJC Mahadeva batch, this will happen in a location in Europe. Attendance to a contact class is not obligatory.
5. There are no prior requirements for this course, such as knowledge of the subject, Sanskrit, and such.
Feel free to write to email@example.com in case you have any questions.
On a personal note, the opportunity to mentor and guide a new batch of students is an absolute honor. Parāśara Jyotiṣa course is, to my knowledge, the best Jyotish course out there, and if you decide to join us, I look forward to sharing the journey with you.